It sports 8 tracks with two possible instruments on each of them (16 different instruments max), looped on a 16 beats track.
It is controlled by a USB gamepad or a keyboard, and can be used live (ie changing patterns or editing them)
It works by playing and modifying patterns on a mod file on the SD card (samples can be bigger than the bitbox memory), so you can create drumkits quite easily with a Tracker and play/modify it on the bitbox.
Of course, it's free and open sourced ! See sources and graphics on GitHub
- MOD file based (a drumkit and its patterns is actually a .MOD file which can be user modified on the PC easily by putting a MOD file on a microSD.)
- 8 tracks
- 16 instruments (2 per track)
- 99 drumkits
- 99 patterns per drumkit
- you can change pattern and drumkit on the bitbox with the gamepad
- samples are not limited by the memory of the bitbox
- operated by gamepad or keyboard - external controllers can be used also ! Who's got a bongo controller ?
- undo, copy/paste/clear pattern available
- MOD file / drumkits samples can be prepared on a PC with a tracker such a milky tracker, fast tracker or OpenMPT by example) and can be played by VLC, winamp or many existing players as is.