BitboZxHi, here is the first release of the BitBoxZx, a 48k ZX Spectrum emulator !
Made of a few hundreds of C lines and inspired by the work of "UD" ( http://mikrocontroller.bplaced.net/wordpress/?page_id=3424 ) heavily modified to fit the Bitbox, itself based on Marat Fayzullin Z80 emulator. ZX80 file Loading routines from UB.
The emulator is running from a USB keyboard. BASIC programs as well as several games are included.
- STM32f429 -> stm32f405 (no DMA2D)
- No LCD screen -> bitbox VGA out. This has been replaced by a direct rendering scanline function.
- using bitbox USB (keyboard & joystick) & uSD drivers (future loading)
- Integration to Bitbox conventions, build process
- Externalization of roms as z80 files
- Future extensions (almost ready) : sound , gamepad, SD game loading
Source code + binaries are available on github, of course
shortly as well as a demo movie I hope.